Pic

Pic

21 Mar 2015

Eat jjimdak! ~


Seoul was cold with temperatures of -4 and I don't remember feeling this cold ever.
I went to Seouls i'park mall with my friend Sunny for dinner to eat jjimdak and I couldn't think of a more perfectly satisfying dish for a cold winter night.

Jjimdak is one of my favourite korean dishes and if you have no idea what jjimdak is Ill explain it to you.
Dak means chicken in Korean and jjim means steamed, stewed or braised in a sauce.
Jjimdak originated from the city of Andong and is known to be generally spicy and enormously popular since the late 1990's. 
Chicken, potatoes and carrots are perfectly cooked in a sweet and savory sauce with a hint of spiciness and glass noodles.
When ordering jjimdak it is usually served with kimchi and boiled white rice for a more enjoyable meal.
You can find hundreds of jjimdak restaurants around seoul especially the Bongchu chain in Seochu, Jongno, Myeongdong, Seogyo and Sinchon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment